Monday 3 January 2022

Translations work shop thinking activity

 Hello Readers,


On 3rd January 2022 we have a workshop on practical translation by Dr.vishal Bhadani sir.

We have a paper in our syllabus of : Comparative Literature and Translation Studies so this workshop is for that Because it helps us in our better understanding of that paper.

It was the best session on translation studies. When I heard the first time about the translation at that time I was thinking that it's not a big deal.

એમાં શું મોટી વાત છે ? dictionary છે , google છે...it's help us but when i attend the session then I realised that it's not an easy to translate anything.



1) has your understanding of translation improved?

After completing this session, I can say that my translation has improved a lot.  I saw a lot of improvements in myself after I filled this station.  And I realised what it means to translate correctly.  I could not translate any language so fast in translation study.  I believed that translation could be possible with google translation.  But after studying this session, I felt that this thing is not possible, because Google Translation does not give us exactly the meaning of the sentence.  That is, if there is one that is important in the translation study, it is not the word, but the meaning of the whole sentence.  It is important to know what kind of price that sentence is. It is not possible to translate any sentence from one language to another, that is, to translate the words sitting down.  But it is very important to associate it with the word and the meaning of that sentence.  It can also change the word structure.  And the order of words can also change.  As an example..

 મેં મારી બેન ને પરણાવી

What Google says first we can see: I married my sister: Incorrect 

Mine: I have married my sister: Incorrect 

Correct: I make my sister married so the concern is to say that you have to think about the correct means which is more appropriate rather than go with the grammar & Google kind of translation.


2) Can I write about translation in terms of metaphors?

Translation studies were explained to us by several metaphors within this session.  Which we could easily understand.  The metaphors were given by Vishal Sir.  It was a wonderful experience.  He used a metaphor in this presentation which is not easily understood.  So he easily explained how translation studies proceeded through this metaphor and by such rules and we understood.  The metaphors are as follows.


3) What according to you is the most difficult aspect of practical translation?

In my opinion, if there is any difficult aspect in the translation study, it is the direct translation which is done by the translation machine.  Like google translation can't be useful to us everywhere. If there is any other difficulty then we can't give proper replacement of those words or any word.  So the dictionary can be useful for us to translate the word correctly.  Using a dictionary we can easily translate.  When translating from one language to another, we do not find the proper meaning of that word, we do not find its proper meaning in another language.  We can say that practical translation is a very difficult thing and at the beginning level it is very difficult.


4) Learning outcome from the workshop

After attending the translation study workshop, my thinking about translation study has improved a lot.  I had no idea how to translate correctly.  The only translation I knew of was google translation.  But in this workshop I learner how to translate the meaning of words.  One has to translate with proper meaning, not change its meaning.  For example, a word can never be translated.  So the dictionary becomes a used tool for translation.  When translating from one language to another, there must be ample vocabulary.  So it can be said that when we have to do practical translation, we need to have knowledge as well as knowledge of one language and many other languages.  We have also come to know that there are many sources of income within the translation study.  When I sit down to translate, I try to translate according to the rules of translation that are taught in this workshop.  So it can be said that this translation study workshop was very useful for me.


Thank You😊.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks

P-209 Assignment

  What is Research? Types of Research,Why Documentation is Necessary in Research ? Name- Kishan Jadav Assignment Paper - 209 Research Method...